IMPACT OF RECESSION ON THE QUALITY OF LIVES OF PEOPLE LIVING IN SOCIAL CARE HOMES
The quantitative survey was performed in the X social care home. Its purpose was to find out the opinions of its residents in relation to the influence of economic recession on the quality of their life. Two indicators were studied in order to fulfil the task: the living conditions in the social care home and the quality of social service. 80 residents of the X social care house took part in the survey. They were expected to answer 14 questions. The results showed that residents were unhappy to share the room with other people; during the recession the number of journeys, events, travels and tours has declined; the funding aimed at purchasing pharmaceuticals, transportation and some food products was reduced.
1. Gavenene, B. (2011). Vlijanie jekonomicheskogo spada na kachestvo zhizni zhitelej Hdoma social'noj opeki. Utenskaja kollegija [Impact of the economic recession on the quality of life of inhabitants of the X social care house. Utena collegium].
2. Juozulinas, A., Cheremnyh, E., Kurtinajtis, J, Jankauskene, K., Reklajtene, R. (2005). Kachestvo zhizni i zdorov'e. Nauka o zdorov'e [Quality of life and health. The Science of Health]., 2005,. No. 1., Access mode: http://www.elibrary.lt/resursai/Ziniasklaida/SAM/Sveikatos%20mokslai/sm_...
3. Social'nyj otchet 2012-2013 [Social Report 2012-2013]. - Vil'njus., Ministerstvo social'noj zashhity i truda, [Ministry of Social Security and Labour]., Access mode: http://www.socmin.lt/lt/socialinis-pranesimas. html
4. Shumskene, J., (2005). Ocenka kachestva zhizni i prakticheskoe znachenie. Iskusstvo lechenija [Assessment of the quality of life and practical significance. Art of healing]., 2005., No. 10., Access mode: //www.medicine. lt/index.php?pagrid=leidiniai&subid=gm&strid=2491
5. Zhilite, E., Vajshvilajte, E., (2010). Ponjatie kachestva zhizni [The concept of the quality of life]., Access mode: http://www.kvalitetas.lt/component/content/article/64.